Sunday 6 October 2013

Crazy busy summer it was!!

Spent the summer working full-time hours at the St. James Textile Museum in Dorchester, New Brunswick where I have been a volunteer for the past 8 years.
The museum is located in a de-commissioned church, built in 1884.
We are open from mid-June to mid-September, Tuesday to Sunday, 10-5
As a working museum, not only do we give guided tours of the collection, but we also spin and weave every day!

 
 
 

Here we are setting up a warp for rag rugs on a 300 year old 4 shaft loom





In addition to working full time hours at the museum, I also played the lead role of "Lotty Wilton" in a local theatrical production of "Enchanted April" 



Now you know WHY I hadn't made a post here all summer long! So without further delay, let me post you the link to the Nova Scotia Fiber Festival's blog http://nsfibre.blogspot.ca/ where I will be demonstrating some simple weaving on Wednesday morning at their headquarters, and also a vendor at the Zonta Fiber Arts Bazaar on Friday.

Here's one of my latest creations: silk/linen/alpaca/lambswool spiral-spun thick and thin -- positively indulging my inner goth ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment